Christmas is just around the corner and it’s all about the holiday parties this time of year. Like every year, we are hosting a holiday dinner at my house.
We usually have a variety of options on our spread making sure to fulfill every preference.
Whenever it comes to holiday dinners at my house, each of us have a job to partake in. Mother deer is in charge of the mains, lil’ bun is in charge of appetizers, old bean does the table set up, I’m in charge of dessert and brother deer is in charge of eating I guess.
This is lil’ bun’s “infamous” bruchetta recipe. She makes it every year. She won’t be too impressed with me for sharing it but that’s a consequence for another time 🙂
- 1 thin baguette
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh basil, sliced thin
- 1-2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the baguette into ½" slices. Toast in the oven at 350F for about 3 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Add the remaining ingredients into a medium bowl and mix.
- Top toasts with 1-2 tablespoons of the mixture. Sprinkle cheese on top and toast again until melted right before consuming if preferred.
- If you know you will not finish all the toasts, add the tomato on top as you go or you will end up with soggy leftovers the next day.