I love pancakes and being that I’ve been full of Autumn spirit because it’s pumpkin season, pumpkin spice pancakes were definitely in order!
The secret to these packed pancakes are the egg whites! By whipping them up, you’re guaranteed super fluffy pancakes!
These pancakes have become my go to breakfast every single weekend morning. 😛
I wish I could have it in the morning more often but sleep becomes a priority when you are on practicum and need to make plans for it late into the night the day before.
With that being said, that doesn’t stop me from just having these on weekends because sometimes when my cravings for it are intense enough (which has been probably every other day), I end up making a batch to have for dessert!
And me tell you, these are AMAZING when topped with pumpkin spice fro-yo and toasted chopped pecans! 😛
Have a delicious weekend everyone!
This post was created for Fiesta Friday, a weekly foodie link-up party. Please feel free to come join the fun, I promise you won’t regret it!
- 2 scoops (28g) Quest multipurpose baking mix protein powder
- ¼ cup buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup egg whites (or sub 1.5 eggs)
- 3 tablespoons milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons sweetner of choice
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- sprinkle of pumpkin spice
- pinch of salt
- Whip the egg whites with an electric mixer on until soft peaks form. This step is optional but I highly recommend it for extra fluffy voluminous pancakes!
- Mix the buckwheat flour, pumpkin puree, milk, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin spice and salt together in a medium bowl until combined. Fold in the egg whites.
- Cook pancakes (see note)