I went to the dietician for the first time a few weeks ago because insurance says I can and I wanted to have her take on my situation. She says I need to work on incorporating more grains into my diet so here I am eating brown rice noodles for lunch.
I honestly didn’t think that I would enjoy them so much but they’re so good. I used to shy away from eating noodles for lunch because it makes me all sleepy afterwards perhaps it’s because they’re wheat noodles? She says that I could be intolerant to certain types of grains or something of the sort. I’m not sure how I feel about that yet but she says I could get blood testing for allergies if I want. Are those accurate? Anyone try getting one done before?
So what I’ve been doing in addition to adding buckwheat groats to my salads is eating brown rice noodles with a spicy vinaigrette making it similar to salad but not quite. The vinaigrette adds acidity and lightness to everything so it makes it refreshing and light.
What are your favorite noodle recipes? Are you a soup person?
- 1 bundle of rice noodles
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- a sprinkle of chili flakes
- Cook the rice noodles and let cool in a serving dish.
- When the noodles are cooled, add veggies and proteins of choice to the dish.
- Mix the apple cider vinegar and coconut amino together. Pour over the noodles. Mix
- Add chili flakes on top and stir.