These healthy zucchini fritters only have 3 ingredients and are super easy to throw together!
They are perfect to serve as a party pleasing appetizer or to have as a snack.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE fritters but they aren’t the healthiest of foods out there so I decided that I would try to make zucchini fritters instead!
I had to experiment and make them a couple of times though because sometimes they would turn out too soggy or egg-y or flour-y but at the end of the day I got them right! It also helped to use a spiralizer instead of a grater for my zucchini because I found that this helped the fritters hold together better.
This recipe should be used as a basic guideline to making zucchini fritters. Feel free to add in additional spices and veggies to change things up and make it your own! 🙂
This post was created for Fiesta Friday, a weekly foodie link-up party. Please feel free to come join the fun, I promise you won’t regret it!
- 4 cups grated or spiralized zucchini (~450-500g)
- 1 egg
- ½ flour (can be gluten free)
- seasonings to taste (eg. salt, pepper, paprika, chili powder, garlic, etc)
- oil for cooking
- Squeeze out all the excess water from your grated zucchini with a cheese cloth or paper towel. Take your time with this step. This is the key to crispy fritters.
- Add the zucchini, egg, flour and your seasonings into a large bowl. Stir until combined
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat. When it is hot, add in the oil. Scoop the desired amount of batter onto the pan as if you are making pancakes.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy.