It’s a nice sunny labour day afternoon, lil’ bun wanted to make some cookie dough popsicles. I felt like having a frozen treat after a day of playing blog catch up, so I gave in and made some with her. Here’s the recipe, along with the vegan alternative version of course. (:
Ingredients (made 5)
-1 cup milk (or soy/coconut/rice/almond milk or any other alternatives you have)
-1/3 cup brown sugar (or coconut/cane sugar or stevia)
-dash of vanilla (~3ml)
-some chocolate chips, chopped up chocolate bars, yogurt chips, carob chips or any other yummy things you want to add
-you’ll also need popsicle makers, if you dont have any you can always use ice cube trays or mini muffin tins
1. Add the milk and the sugar into a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds or until the sugar is dissolved when stirred together
2. Find your popsicle makers and sprinkle in your chocolatey additions
3. Pour the milk and sugar mixture on top until it’s full, be careful to not spill any of the yummy goodness!
4. Place the popsicle sticks on top
5. Put in the freezer for 3-5 hours or until fully frozen, and then wait impatiently for them to freeze up!
After checking our freezer frequently with anticipation and impatience, they were finally frozen! We made some with mint choco chips, smarties, and kitkat bars. We both loved them, and they actually tasted like cookie dough. Lil’ bun thought it was too sweet though and coming from a child, that means something. Which is why in the recipe we changed it from the original 1/2 cup sugar that we used to just 1/3 cup. Well there’s the recipe for you guys, give it a go and let us know what you think! (: