If you’ve been following me for a while now, you’d know that lil’ bun and I love cinnamon. Since we already made cinnamon buns, cinnamon scones, and cinnamon loaves, we decided to make cinnamon sugar crackers. We probably should of rolled out the dough a little thinner though because they rose quite a bit in the oven. Nevertheless, we enjoyed these crackers, and they were especially delicious when we tried them with milk. Milk and cookies? Yumm! (:
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour (or white flour)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil (or butter)
2 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or granulated sugar)
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons honey (or agave nectar)
1/4 cup soymilk + 1/2 teaspoon vinegar (or butter milk)
For the topping
1/2 tablespoon coconut oil melted (or melted butter)
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
The how to?
1. In a large bowl, add the whole wheat flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
2. Add in the coconut oil, brown sugar, coconut sugar, vanilla, and honey. Combine with a fork until small peas form (similar to how you would make scones
3. In a small bowl mix together the soy milk and vinegar, set aside for 3 minutes. Then add it to the flour crumb mixture until a dough ball forms. The dough should still be a little on the dry side.
4. Take the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll it out with a rolling pin until it’s a 1/4-inch thick.
5. In a small bowl, combine together your cinnamon sugar topping ingredients (1 tablespoon granulated sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon). Set your melted coconut oil aside.
6. With a sharp knife, slice into them into 1 1/2-inch squares. Lightly brush each cracker with the melted cinnamon sugar and then sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top. Then transfer it onto a baking sheet
7. Bake at 350 F for 8 – 13 minutes or until lightly golden brown, let cool.