These soft and chewy banana chocolate chip cookies are sweetened with ripe spotty bananas and chocolate chips.
They’re a wonderful to have as a snack any time of the day and to make them heartier you can always add in a handful or two of rolled oats!
Happy BORNDAY to me! I know it might be a little odd I say “bornday” instead of “birthday” but I think that it makes me unique and quirky for doing so 🙂
Even though I’m all for cake, all I wanted today were some deliciously soft, and chewy banana chocolate chip cookies! Strange? Maybe. But it’s my birthday so what I say goes right?
Besides, baking cookies takes a quarter of the time you need to make cake which means…you can get in more batches in the same amount of time 😉 Yaaayyy more cookies!
So why do I love these cookies to the point where I want them over cake? Well, let me tell you!
- They’re vegan so it means that everybody can enjoy them! I’m not vegan but personally know quite a few vegans, appreciate the lifestyle and love finding new ways to make my favorite bakes vegan friendly.
- They’re naturally sweetened! We are definitely consuming too much processed and artificial sugars these days so I love being able to sweeten things naturally with fruit! Remember to keep an eye out for those spotty bananas at the store (plus these ones are usually discounted, double yay)!
- Who doesn’t love dark chocolate chips?
But as far as other bornday festivities go, I don’t have any other plans yet because it’s crunch time at school right now and I haven’t even been able to think about what I wanted to do. Plus the fact that my friends are just as busy as I am, doesn’t really help either!
Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! And what’s your favorite way to sweeten your bakes?
This post was created for Fiesta Friday, a weekly foodie link-up party. Please feel free to come join the fun, I promise you won’t regret it!
- ⅓ cup coconut oil or butter (softened)
- 1 cup ripe spotty bananas, mashed (about 2-3)
- ⅓ cup agave nectar or coconut sugar (optional for more sweetness)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Mix the coconut oil, mashed bananas, agave/coconut sugar (if using) and vanilla together in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Pour in the banana mixture. Add in the chocolate chips.
- Stir until a dough forms and refrigerate for 15 minutes to allow the dough to firm up. Preheat the oven to 350F
- Scoop the dough by the tablespoon onto a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 10 - 12 minutes until the cookies are set and the bottoms are lightly golden brown