These vegan gingerbread pancakes are perfect to have on a cold winter day because the spices warm you right up.
I know Christmas is over but I still can’t get over my love of gingerbread so I’ve been addicted to having gingerbread pancakes every morning for breakfast.
I mean, who says that you can’t have gingerbread all year round?
They aren’t too strong on the ginger spice either so lil’ bun is able to eat them as well. I think they’re best enjoyed with honey but lil’ bun prefers to have them with maple syrup like a true Canadian 🙂
And on days where I have school, I adore pouring the batter into my new waffle maker so that they’re ready by the time I”m ready to go out the door!
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil (can sub vegetable oil)
- 1¾ cup milk of choice
- 3 tablespoons fancy molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cup whole wheat flour (can sub AP flour)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon all spice
- Whisk the coconut oil, milk, molasses, and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Fold in the flour, baking powder, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, ground ginger and all spice
- Cook pancakes on a non-stick or greased pan (see notes)
- Top with maple syrup and fruit
This post was created for What’s cooking Wednesday, a weekly foodie link-up party. Please feel free to come join the fun, I promise you won’t regret it!