Soft and chewy chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. They’re a perfect mix between healthy and treat. They’re great as a lunch add-on, or with milk before bed.
If you’ve been following me for a while now, you’re probably familiar with the fact that oatmeal cookies have always been my favorite cookie. And I don’t mean the crispy crunchy kind like anzac cookies. I mean the soft chewy ones that you find in your grandmother’s cookie jar.
I usually make mine with ginger, raisins or dried cranberries but the chocoholic in me took over this last weekend and I added in chocolate chips instead. I actually added in a bit more chocolate chips than originally planned but no complaints because you can never have enough.
What’s your favorite holiday cookie?
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2¼ cups rolled oats
- 1⅓ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 1¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ¾ cup coconut oil, softened
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine the softened coconut oil and brown sugar in a bowl. Whisk until combined. Add in the honey, vanilla, and egg. Stir.
- Sift in the whole wheat flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined. Add in the rolled oats and chocolate chips. Stir until a dough forms.
- Roll the dough into 1½" balls. Place them on a lined cookie sheet and lightly press them down to form your cookie shape.
- Bake at 350F for 10-12 mins or until golden brown on the bottom.