These pillowy soft snickerdoodle cookies are irresistible and will leave you coming back for more.
They’re so amazing that you won’t even know they’re vegan!
I had a potluck not too long ago and I decided to make these snickerdoodles because I love cinnamon and I haven’t updated my snickerdoodle recipe in a while.
My previous snickerdoodle recipe wasn’t vegan so I knew that this time around, I had to make it vegan since everyone deserves to be able to have a cookie at a potluck!
And goodness did they turn out AMAZING. Actually, I already knew they would turn out amazing before they even finished baking because nothing beats the heavenly aroma of cinnamon goodies baking in the oven. Except being able to actually eat them of course! 😛
To be honest though, I wasn’t too sure about these in the beginning because this was my first attempt at vegan snickerdoodles but all my reservations immediately went away when lil’ bun ran into the kitchen the moment I took them out of the oven.
Being the nice baker than I am, I told her she could try one, before I packed them away for my potluck and she had one of those “love at first bite” experiences and wanted another immediately after. I had to literally pry her away from the baking sheet!
Then I told her to guard them (which was a big mistake) while I went to look for tupperware and what happened was…I came back to brother deer and her both stuffing their faces with cookies! So I ended up baking up another batch so they could have some too.
They were also a total hit at my potluck because they were all gone by the end of it and both the vegans and non-vegans adored them! These are going to be a must bake at all the parties I go to now!
Question of the day: What’s your favorite holiday cookie to bake?
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup milk of choice
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- for rolling: 3 tablespoons sugar + ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Whisk the sugar, brown sugar and oil in a large bowl until smooth and incorporated (about 2-3 mins). Stir in the milk.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix until just combined. The dough may still be a little crumbly. If this is the case, knead it with your hands until it forms a cohesive dough ball. Refrigerate your dough for 30 mins - 3 hours (see note).
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Combine the cinnamon and sugar mixture for rolling together in a medium bowl.
- Divide the dough out into 18 - 24 equal pieces. Form the dough into balls and then roll it in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place dough balls onto a lined cookie sheet and press each dough ball down slightly. Don't grease the pan or your cookies may be too oily
- Bake at 350F for 8 - 10 minutes or until the bottoms are slightly golden brown and just set. Remove from oven and let cool. The cookies will still be very soft when you take them out of the oven but they will firm up as they cool.
This post was created for Fiesta Friday, a weekly foodie link-up party. Please feel free to come join the fun, I promise you won’t regret it!