My love of cinnamon stemmed from when I started to eat snickerdoodles at a young age.
So imagine my surprise to find that you could have snickerdoodles in cake form via cinnamon swirl coffee cake!
I can’t believe it’s already the middle of FALL! Goodness I’ve been so busy that September just flew by and I’m so not ready for Autumn.
Although I must say that this year will be my first un-pumpkin filled season because I don’t think I’ve mentioned this but I’ve moved half way across the world for work!
Crazy? I know.
And what’s crazier is that I don’t own an oven at my new place!
- ½ cup softened unsalted butter
- 1¾ cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- Cream the softened butter, sugar, and brown sugar together until fluffy.
- Stir in the buttermilk, egg, vanilla and Greek yogurt until smooth.
- Sift in the flour, seasalt, baking powder and cinnamon. Mix until just combined. There may still be some lumps.
- Bake at 350F for 15-20 mins until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle