Guess what friends?
The bananas were on sale at the store the other day and you better bet I took full advantage of 30% off organic bananas and got myself two bags full of them! 🙂
I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned this on here before but I’m no longer allowed to eat bananas because it’s too “cooling” for my body but my logic tells me that if it’s in a muffin, they are acceptable for consumption since it’s baked in with a bunch of other things which will save me from the effects of the banana.
That sounds pretty logically sound right? Yeah, I thought so too.
I mean how could I resist? Banana bread is my favorite baked good ever and this was the perfect opportunity to make them!
Plus, who could resist the smell of fresh banana bread baking in the oven? Well, granted brother deer and Neko probably could because the two of them hate bananas.
But no matter, more for me and lil’ bun. 😉
I mean we’re talking about warm, moist and fluffy banana chocochip muffins. What more could you ask for?
- ⅓ cup honey or agave
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ripe large banana mashed (about 150g)
- 1 cup milk of choice
- ⅓ cup coconut oil melted (or vegetable oil)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup dark chocolate or carob chips
- Preheat oven to 400F and prepare 12 muffin tins
- In a large bowl, whisk the brown sugar, vanilla, and banana together until combined. Stir in the milk and coconut oil.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill prepared muffin tins ⅔ full.
- Bake at 400F for 15-18 minutes,or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center