This banana loaf is perfect for those who are health conscious. It’s full of healthy ingredients and lightly sweetened with maple syrup.
It’s equally delicious served warm or at room temperature and even better when topped with nut butter.
I know it’s been a while and “a while” is a complete UNDERSTATEMENT at this point because it’s been practically TWO MONTHS since I posted!
I will give you all a full run down as to what has been going on with me over the next little while in my posts but for now enjoy a slice of yummy banana bread 🙂
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 3 ripe bananas
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1¼ cup whole wheat flour (or all purpose)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup carob or dark choco chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Mash the bananas with a fork until smooth. Stir in the Greek yogurt, egg, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Sift in the whole wheat flour, oats, salt and baking powder. Mix until just combined. Fold in the carob chips.
- Pour batter into a lined loaf pan. Bake at 350F for 40 - 45 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing.