Fudgy brownies without the guilt? These are the perfect brownies for you!
Greek yogurt is used in the recipe to give them a protein boost which make them satisfying to have as a breakfast. If not first thing in the morning, they’re also great to have with protein frosting as a dessert!
Now I don’t know about you but, I don’t always have a can of beans at home and I don’t always have the time to soak beans, boil them, and cool them either…
I was about to throw in the (tea) towel and accept that I would never be able to have protein brownies but I did some thinking and realized that I could definitely create my own by throwing a few things together!
I knew Greek yogurt is commonly used as a fat substitute so I decided to put some into the mix by reducing the amount of coconut oil I used.
Brother deer also had a tub of chocolate protein powder lying around at home so I threw in a scoop of that in there as well. His protein powder was a whey and caesin blend so I don’t know how it will turn out if you use one that’s just whey or casein since I know they all bake differently.
And if you’re not a fan of using protein powders or if you’re vegan and can’t use Greek yogurt, here’s another Skinny healthy brownie recipe for you to try!
What are you all up to this weekend? I’m going to be spending mine celebrating my birthday with my family and maybe doing some holiday shopping!
This post was created for Fiesta Friday, a weekly foodie link-up party. Please feel free to come join the fun, I promise you won’t regret it!
- 1⅔ cups whole wheat flour (can sub all purpose)
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (optional; mine is a whey + caesin blend)
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- ⅓ cup Truvia or Stevia (*see note)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 3 egg whites (**see note)
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Cream the Truvia, and coconut oil in a large bowl until fluffy. Stir in the egg whites, vanilla, Greek yogurt and salt.
- Sift in the whole wheat flour, corn starch, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda. Do not overmix. Fold in the chocolate chips if using.
- Bake at 375F for 30 - 40 minutes or until the tops are set and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle
- Let cool and enjoy.
**you can sub 1½ large eggs for the egg whites