Lil’ bun wanted crepes for breakfast so being the lovely person I am, I woke up extra early to make a batch for her. However, I went a little overboard and made a few too many. Now normally we’d put them in the fridge and finish them off the next day but lil’ bun has this quirk where she won’t eat things that are “old” from the previous day. So, I got my creative juices flowing and decided to make crepe bowls out of the extras for making ice-cream sundaes. And well, lil’ bun ended up eating her leftover crepes without a complaint! My crepe recipe can be found here, chocolate chip cookie recipes can be found here or here, and my vegan mint chip ice cream recipe can be found here (but of course, any ice cream will do!).
- Prepare your cookie dough.
- Mold it into greased oven safe bowl making sure that the sides are thick enough to hold together and equal in thickness all around. Place a ball of tin foil into the center to insure they hold their shape after baking.
- Bake at 350F for 12 – 15 minutes until the sides are firm. As you can see below, if you don’t put the foil into the bowl molds, it will close in when it’s being baked !
- Prepare your crepes. The size of your crepe bowl will depend on the diameter of your crepes.
- Place crepes into oven safe bowls or muffin tins. If your crepes start collapsing into the center of the bowl or muffin tin, put a ball of aluminum foil in the center of it to hold the edges up.
- Bake at 350F for 13 – 15 minutes until the edges are crispy. Let cool and remove from the mold.
- let the bowls cool before adding in ice cream then add ice cream and toppings!
I’m super happy with the way these turned out because not only did they taste scrumptious, they looked absolutely delightful too! I think this is one of those recipes I’m going to have to keep at the back of my mind for dinner parties because they’re one of those things that look fancy and complicated but really aren’t!