I figured that it was about time I posted a chocolate chip cookie recipe, I mean afterall, it’s one of the classics. Lil’ bun and I came across this recipe not too long ago, and since she always has a sweet cookie craving, she nagged me to make these with her, not that anyone minded though since cookies are always welcome around the house.
2 cups whole wheat flour (or all purpose flour)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup flavorless oil
1/3 cup almond milk (or soy or regular milk)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup or more of mini chocolate chips (use carob chips if vegan; dried fruits/chopped nuts would be fun too!)
1. In a large bowl, mix together brown sugar, sugar, oil, and milk.
2. Stir in the vanilla extract.
3. Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt. If the dough feels dry, add more milk by the tablespoon. If the dough feels wet, add flour by the tablespoon until it holds its shape. Mix in the chocolate chip
4. Form 1.5 – 2″ cookies and place them on a greased or lined baking sheet.
5. Bake at 350 F for 8-10 minutes until the bottoms begin to lightly brown. Let cool and Enjoy!
We tend to take our cookies out early because we like to have them extra soft and chewy. In our opinion, it’s always better to under bake cookies than over bake them any day. Lil’ bun described these cookies as a little bite of happiness. She absolutely adores soft textured cookies and these were just that. I gave a couple to Grayson and after a bite he immediately remarked “these are healthy cookies aren’t they…” which was quite alarming actually because I had no idea how he came to such a conclusion. Then again, he’s probably used to me baking like this by now so perhaps it’s no real surprise afterall. Well nevertheless, this vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe was the best one we’ve tried yet! Not to mention, when we tried to reheat these cookies in the oven after they cooled down, they returned right back to their freshly baked-like shape! So amazing!