One of my favorite things in the world, believe it or not, is a good bowl of soup. There’s just something so cozy, warming and nourishing about it.
This carrot ginger soup is my go-to on days that I feel a cold coming on or on those days where I feel the need to fill myself with something extra nourishing after a night of fun foods. The fact that it’s easy to make makes it all the better.
All you really need is a good high speed blender like a vitamix. I guess it would work in a regular blender as well but you would have to make sure that your carrots are really boiled down to make sure you get a smooth and creamy soup instead of a chunky one. On occasion I’d add some apple in there for sweetness but that’s completely optional
- 6 cups carrots boiled
- 1-2 inches peeled, grated ginger
- ½ cup peeled, grated apple (optional)
- Boil the carrots until tender.
- Put all ingredients into a high-speed blender. Blend on medium to high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Enjoy with a slice of toast.
Join the party at FiestaFriday