What do you do on the left over brownies? You know…like the ones you made from my cola-brownies recipe or a batch you made yourself? You stuff them in CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES! Wait what? Yup. You heard me. You stuff them in chocolate chip cookies.
Ingredients (makes 12):
2 1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoon water (or 1 egg)
1 cup soy milk
1 cup margarine/coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 cup chocolate chips
extra prepared (vegan) brownie bits
1. Cream the sugars and coconut oil/margarine together a large bowl. Add the flax egg, soy milk, and vanilla.
2. Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt into the wet ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips.
3. Form 24 dough balls and flatten them out. Place an 1″ x 1″ piece of brownie in the center of one of the pieces of dough. Then top with another piece of dough until you have 12 cookies.
4. Bake at 350F for 10 – 12 minutes until golden brown.
5. Enjoy! Look at all that brownie goodness on the inside. (:
This cookie recipe is the same one from my recipe for soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies except I just doubled the recipe and stuffed them with brownies of course. After these cooled down a bit lil’ bun and I decided to play a small prank on brother deer by telling him that it was just a plain chocolate chip cookie. So when he bit into it he was surprised to find that there was a hidden secret gem of a brownie chunk inside. He liked that there was the brownie inside because it added chocolatey flavor to the cookie and gave it a bit of a double chocolate chip cookie effect. I think next time when we make these we’re going to stuff some yummy spread inside like nutella or cookie butter; yum! (: