There was a sale on Philadelphia flavored cream cheese spreads not too long ago, and when there’s a sale, mother deer tends to over purchase. So, as a result, we were left with all too much of this stuff in the fridge and since we weren’t getting through it fast enough, we decided to bake with it! When in doubt…we bake! Well, at least when it comes to foody things. Anyways, this is what we ended up doing…
Mmmmm…..as they were baking, the lovely aroma of blueberry completely filled our house. It was like they were taunting us from the inside of the oven ): Well it didn’t matter because we got our revenge when we got to munch them all. (: The cookies were really soft and creamy in texture because of the cream cheese we added. As a matter of fact, lil’ bun thought that they tasted like blueberry muffins in cookie form! I wasn’t too sure about apricot working with blueberry, but somehow it worked out wonderfully. Of course, we didn’t have to use flavored cream cheese, but we just decided to because it seemed so much funner and experimental this way! Anyhow, enough of my ramblings, I’m going to go have a few more of these while they’re still some left.
Ingredients (makes 20 cookies):
1/2 cup butter (we used coconut oil)
8 oz of blueberry Philadelphia cream cheese (or any other flavor)
1/2 sugar (if you’re not using flavored cream cheese, add 3/4 cup sugar)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup jam of your choice (we used apricot)
1. In a large bowl, cream together the cream cheese and coconut oil with an electric mixer.
2. Add in sugar, egg and vanilla to the cream cheese mixture. Mix it all together with the electric mixer again.
3. Stir in the flour, baking soda and salt with a wooden spoon.
4. Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place them about 2 inches apart, on a lined baking sheet.
5. Press your thumb into center of each cookie and fill it with 1/4 teaspoon of jam.
6. Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 – 12 minutes.