I swear something magical happens when you add cream cheese to something. It’s like adding even more goodness on something that’s already amazing as is.
So you can only imagine how amazing these fluffy blueberry cream cheese rolls tasted when they came out of the oven! They were like having portable blueberry bagels topped with cream cheese!
Hello hello. Yes, it’s real. I’m back. Hopefully a little more “permanent” than the last time I said I was back. In my last post I promised an update on my whereabouts so here goes.
Three months ago, I was immersed into a wonderful classroom doing my long practicum and right after that I was on a plane whisking off to sunny Hong Kong to experience yet another classroom.
Then a few weeks after that I returned to oh so gloomy Vancouver and figured that I was going to finally get back to blogging because all I had to do was focus on a few summer classes.
Well, at least that’s what I thought…
What actually happened was I came back to having to fill out and complete dozens of job applications so that I would have work after graduation and catching up with friends.
But now that things have finally settled down (for real this time), I think I can get back to regularly posting again. At least for the next little while before I am busy with work.
Now then, enough catching up, I’m sure we are all excited to hear about these delicious cream cheese filled blueberry buns! They’re like having a blueberry bagel but but so much more conveniently because well, the cream cheese is already inside!
- 2½ teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm milk (I used whole milk)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil (or butter)
- 3 cups bread flour (all purpose works as well)
- 2oz block of cream cheese (about ½ cup)
- pinch of salt
- ¾ cup dried blueberries
- In a measuring cup, combine the warm milk, yeast and brown sugar. Mix everything together and let it rest for 8 minutes until it begins to foam.
- In a large bowl, sift in the salt, coconut oil and bread flour. Add in the yeast mixture and stir until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough for 15 – 20 minutes on a lightly floured surface until elastic. Return the dough into the large bowl and cover it with a tea towel. Place the dough in a warm place for 1½ hours or until it doubles in size.
- While the dough is rising, divide the cream cheese into 12 equal pieces.
- When the dough is ready, punch it down on a lightly floured surface. Knead in the dried blueberries
- Divide the dough into 12 equal sized portions. Roll each portion out into a ball and let them rise covered in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350F for 13– 15 minutes until golden.