I wasn’t planning in posting this recipe because I made these for a girls night get together but it turned out so well that I just couldn’t resist writing about it. My girlies and I were having a girls night in and we decided to make a delicious shrimp flat bread but since mother deer was still away at this time, I had to make something for both brother deer and old bean as well….which is how the BBQ chicken pizza came about. Oddly enough, it was brother deer who sparked the idea in me to post this recipe in the first place because he couldn’t stop talking about it! And this was indeed a rare occasion because he never raves about what I make and half the time he just thinks that I eat rabbit food 😒 Anyways, since he loved it so much, I decided that I just HAD to share the recipe with you all!
Dough (makes one 12″ pizza):
1 1/4 cup flour (I used a mix of whole wheat and white)
2/3 cup warm water
1 teaspoon yeast
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon sugar
pinch of salt
BBQ chicken pizza:
1 cup cooked shredded chicken
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1/2 cup corn kernals
Ranch dressing (optional)
1/2 cup grated mozzarella
1/2 red bell pepper sliced thinly
8 – 10 shrimp de-veined and cut in half
2 teaspoon italian seasoning
a few basil leaves (optional to top)
1. Make dough according to your bread maker’s directions or follow my dough making 101 guide here
2. When the dough is risen and ready, punch it down a few times and set it aside to rest for 15 minutes. At this time, preheat your oven to 475F
3. Roll the dough out into a circle if you’re making a pizza and pinch the sides to create a crust. If you are making flatbread, roll the dough out into a rectangle. The thickness of the dough is up to your own preference but I would recommend making it around 1 cm thick for the pizza and 1″ thick for the flatbread.
4. Dust your baking sheet with cornmeal or flour and transfer your dough onto it. Top your dough with your ingredients.
BBQ chicken: Slice your onion into 1mm thick slices. Cook your onion in a saucepan with a bit of oil until they turn brown and caramelize. Spread your BBQ sauce on the base of the pizza. Top with shredded chicken, caramelized onions, corn and a few squeezes of ranch dressing.
Shrimp: Drizzle the olive oil on top of your flatbread and sprinkle the Italian seasoning on top. Spread bell peppers, raw shrimp, and mozzarella on top. You can add the basil now or you can sprinkle it on top when the pizza is ready.
5. Bake at 475F for 13 – 15 minutes until the base is golden brown and the crust is firm to the touch.
Dont these look absolutely deliciously amazing?!?! Nothing beats homemade pizza with a nice crispy crust on my books 😊 I just wish I had a pizza stone to make it all the better but you make do with what you have right?
Actually, brother deer loved it so much that the other day when we were having chicken for dinner, he tried to save some so I could make this recipe all over again! Plus, Lil bun and mother deer are both back now and he told them that this was one of my must try dishes 😃 which of course, made me all giddy on the inside because he rarely talks about what I make this way hehe 😊